The Afrikaanse Taalmuseum en -monument (ATM) invites suitable candidates to apply for the position of Curator.
Appointment date: 1 September 2016 (or as soon as possible).
- Tertiary qualification in human sciences, museum or heritage studies
- Seven years’ experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge and experience of museological management of collections
- Experience of subject and object research
- Experience in the heritage field will be a recommendation
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Operations management of the Taalmuseum
- Implementation of measures, regulations and legislation
- Museological care of the collection
- Management of public areas and upgrading of exhibitions
- Research for exhibitions, educational programmes and other mediums
- Human resources and budget management
- Quality control of programmes, operations and strategies
Closing date: 15 July 2016
Candidates who applied in May 2016 do not have to apply again.
Applications must be sent to: The Director, ATM, PO Box 498, Paarl 7620
Enquiries: Michael Jonas at tel 021 872 3441.
If no feedback is received after one month, application was unsuccessful.