Stunning views make the monument a popular picnic spot. Bring your own picnic basket or order one from Volksmond Coffee Shop.
- Picnics are allowed at the Taalmonument. The usual entry fee is applicable for picnics (R25 adults, R10 SA students, R5 children and free for children under 6 years).
- Bring your own picnic basket or order one from the Volksmond museum cafe’s menu. Tel: +27 (0)21 863 2800/+27 (0)84 9112848 E-mail enquiry. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups of 20 or more need to pre-book at Tel: +27 (0)21 863 4809/0543
- Please take note that our garden is a smoke-free, rubbish-free zone. Smoking is not permitted on the lawn. Smoking is only permitted in the demarcated areas. Rubbish bins are only situated in certain areas and we therefor request that visitors take their rubbish with them when they leave the monument.
- No fires, music, chairs, tables, umbrellas, tents etc. are allowed.
- Guide dogs only.
- No swimming in the fountain.
- Right of admission reserved.
- The Taalmonument will not be held liable for loss, damage or injury incurred on the grounds.
- Admission and parking at own risk.
- Enjoy your visit to the Taalmonument, protect our natural heritage and please adhere to our terms and conditions. Visitors who does not adhere to our terms and conditions may be fined.
Do not miss our Full Moon picnics, Stargazing evenings and Picnic Concerts!
Go to our calender